December 2, 2015
Today is Day 5
The rotation for today is:
IT ’ S WEDNESDAY BUT TODAY ’ S ROTATION IS A THURSDAY SCHEDULE
Today ’ s lunch is:
Taco Meat, Cheese Sauce, Rice, Corn
Choice of Fruit
TODAY IN HISTORY
• The Touro Synagogue, the first Jewish place of worship in the what will become the US, is dedicated in 1763
• In 1775, the USS Alfred becomes the first vessel to hoist the Grand Union Flag. The flag is hoisted by John Paul Jones.
• Napoleon Bonaparte crowns himself Emperor of the French in 1804
• President Monroe announces The Monroe Doctrine in 1823
• President James K. Polk announces “Manifest Destiny” in 1845
• In 1859, sentence is carried out on militant abolitionist and CT resident John Brown for his role in the attack on the federal arsenal at Harper’s Ferry, VA. US cavalry colonel Robert E. Lee is Commander of Troops.
• In 1867, author Charles Dickens gives his first reading in the US
• The Ford Motor Company introduces the Model A Ford in 1927
• President Hoover goes before Congress to ask for $150 Million for a jobs program in 1930
• LaGuardia airport opens in 1939
• In 1942, a team under Enrico Fermi initiates the first known atomic chain reaction
• The US Senate censures John McCarthy in 1954
• Fidel Castro becomes President of Cuba in 1976
• John Breckenridge, US Attorney General (1760)
• Charles Ringling, circus owner (1863)
• Ray Walston, actor [My Favorite Martian, Star Trek] (1914)
• Alexander Haig, US Army general - 7 th SACEUR - 5 th White House Chief of Staff - 59 th Secretary of State (1924)
• Edwin Meese, 75 th US Attorney General (1931)
• Mike Larrabee, Olympic medallist (1933)
• International Day for the Abolition of Slavery
LOST AND FOUND
• There is a slideshow on the school website of items currently in the Lost and Found area of the Nurses office.
• Teachers: if you find an item, please do not keep it in your room. Please send it to the Lost and Found immediately so that parents will have only one place to look for lost items.
GREEN Team will meet TODAY and GOLD Team meets Wednesday, Dec. 9.
All library volunteers meet Thursday, Dec. 3.
YuGiOh Card Club will meet after school TODAY in room 221 from 2:35 to 3:00. Please make sure you have a signed permission form to stay. Please see Mrs. Coughlin if you have questions.
Japanese Anime Club will meet after school TODAY in room 221 from 2:35 to 3:00. Please make sure you have a signed permission form to stay. Please see Mrs. Coughlin if you have questions.
CREATIVE LEGO CLUB
Creative Lego Club will meet after school TODAY in room 221 from 2:35 to 3:00. Please make sure you have a signed permission form to stay. Please see Mrs. Coughlin if you have questions.
Attention all wrestlers: The first practice of the season will be held this Thursday, December 3rd from 2:30 to 4:15. Please make sure you have all forms and your physical is on file. Please see Mr. Plona with any questions.
Math Counts will meet on Thursday this week, after school until 4:00pm in Room 120
The Wellness Center Program for students will continue to run Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:20 - 3:00pm through Thursday, December 10th.
The next session for this program will begin Tuesday, January 12th.
Permission slips for the bowling field trip must be in no later than this Friday, December 4th at 2:30.
This will be the final extended due date.
Please return your permission slip with $10.00 cash or check made out to McGee to either your
PE, Wellness, or Health teacher.
Some Late Bus routes have changed. Please double check your route before getting on a late bus today. There are new maps posted on the bulletin board next to the nurse's office and outside of the main office to look up your new route.