December 3, 2015
Today is Day 6
The rotation for today is:
HR- AP -1-2-3-4-5-6-7- 8
THURSDAY ADVISORY AND PERIOD 8 SCHEDULE
Today ’ s lunch is:
or Veggie Burger
Baked Beans, Mac Salad
Choice of Fruit
TODAY IN HISTORY
• Illinois becomes the 21 st State in 1818
• Neon lighting is first demonstrated in 1910 at the Paris Motor Show
• The musical Camelot debuts in 1960
• In 1967, Dr. Christian Barnard performs the first human heart transplant
• Pioneer 10 sends in 1973 the first up-close pictures of the planet Jupiter
• US President George HW Bush and Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev release a statement in 1989 indicating that the Cold War may be ending
• The first text message is sent in 1992
• XCOR attempts delivery of US Mail by rocket in 2005. Take that Amazon drones!
• Nicolò Amati, violin maker (1596)
• Gilbert Stuart, Presidential portrait painter (1755)
• George B. McClellan, US General (1826)
• Charles Pillsbury, industrialist (1842)
• Fedor von Bock, German general (1880)
• Andy Williams, singer (1927)
• Ozzy Osbourne, singer (1948)
• Rick Mears, race car driver (1951)
• Daryl Hannah, actress (1960)
• Advocate’s Day (India)
• International Day for Persons with Disabilities
• International Day of the Basque Language
LOST AND FOUND
• There is a slideshow on the school website of items currently in the Lost and Found area of the Nurses office.
• Teachers: if you find an item, please do not keep it in your room. Please send it to the Lost and Found immediately so that parents will have only one place to look for lost items.
GOLD Team meets Wednesday, Dec. 9.
All library volunteers meet TODAY .
Attention all wrestlers: The first practice of the season will be held this TODAY from 2:30 to 4:15. Please make sure you have all forms and your physical is on file. Please see Mr. Plona with any questions.
Math Counts will meet TODAY after school until 4:00pm in Room 120
The Wellness Center Program for students will continue to run Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:20 - 3:00pm through Thursday, December 10th. The next session for this program will begin Tuesday, January 12th.
Permission slips for the bowling field trip must be in no later than this Friday, December 4th at 2:30.
This will be the final extended due date.
Please return your permission slip with $10.00 cash or check made out to McGee to either your
PE, Wellness, or Health teacher.
Some Late Bus routes have changed. Please double check your route before getting on a late bus today. There are new maps posted on the bulletin board next to the nurse's office and outside of the main office to look up your new route.
Today is the 2nd annual Dine In Day across the world. This day has been identified as "DINE IN" to encourage families of all types to eat together more often than they do. 100 years ago, eating together as a family was a part of everyday life. Today, families often find themselves eating out as much as 3 days a week. Families have very busy life styles and a lot of activities. I baked this pumpkin bread for us to eat for breakfast. Let's DINE IN!
The morning news crew hopes many of you in our McGee community get to Dine In with your family this week. Show your support by wearing your Dine In sticker today!
Congratulations to Audrey Feldman on receiving the prestigious Daughters of the American Revolution Award!