June 15, 2017
Today is Day 5
The rotation for today is:
Today’s lunch is:
Choice of Fruit
TODAY IN HISTORY
- King John puts his seal on the Magna Carta in 1215
- The first blood transfusion happens in 1667
- Benjamin Franklin proves in 1752 with a kite that lightning is electricity.
- George Washington is appointed in 1775 Commander In Chief of the Continental Army
- Delaware votes in 1776 to secede from the Crown
- New Hampshire approves in 1804 the Twelfth Amendment, ratifying the document
- Arkansas becomes in 1836 the 25th State
- Charles Goodyear receives in 1844 a patent for vulcanization, a process of strengthening rubber
- The Oregon Treaty in 1846 formally establishes the border between the US and Canada (eh)
- Arlington National Cemetery is formally established in 1864 by Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton
- The Boy Scouts are chartered in 1916 with a Federal Charter signed by President Wilson
- King Hussein of Jordan marries American Lisa Halaby in 1978. She takes the regnal name Queen Noor
- Rachel Jackson, 7th FLOTUS (1767)
- Edvard Grieg, composer (1843)
- Mario Cuomo, Governor of New York (1932)
- Waylon Jennings, musician (1937)
- James Belushi, actor (1954)
- Wade Boggs, baseball player (1958)
- Neil Patrick Harris, actor (1973)
- Separation Day (Delaware)
- Statehood Day (Arkansas)
- Global Wind Day
Congratulations to our May Madness Pizza Homeroom Winners: Ms. Botticello,
Mrs. Garrity, Mrs. Russell,
Mr. Cormack, Mrs. Orabi,
Ms. Cooper, Mrs. Rogers, and
Mrs. Janowski. You will get your pizza during your lunch wave in the cafe today.
NATIONAL ANTHEM singers report to the GYM at the beginning of period 1, 2 and 3
Today is Pottery Pick Up Day !!!
Get your pottery at our stand in the cafeteria.
If you do not get your pottery today it will be sold tomorrow at the Pottery Last Day Sale Event. Proceeds will go to charity.
Please clean out all band lockers and check in with Mrs. Bradshaw.
THIS MORNING: June 15th: PEP BAND will be playing for all 3 basketball games. Report to band room at 7:30am.
FRIDAY MORNING: June 16th: Pep Band & Brass group is playing for promotion FRIDAY, 8:15am meet out front.
Take your instruments home today.
Do not forget your band binders and flip folders with the BERLIN FAIR music for summer practice.
VERY IMPORTANT: the Berlin Fair is in September, right when we return to school.
PRACTICE and BE PREPARED!
RETURN OVERDUE LIBRARY BOOKS
All 8th graders must return all library books at this time. If a book was lost, please stop in the library to pay for it. The library will be open through Thursday, June 15th. The main office will accept payment or the returned books after that date. Thank you.