Services for Staff
NWEA Proctor Website
E-mail announcements to Mr. Cormack preferably the day before, but no later than 6 A.M. on the day that you would like it to appear
Attendance and Grade Book (MMS Teacher Portal)
- McGee teachers may borrow books on tape as class resources from the library-media center. The tapes are listed in the McGee on-line catalog.
- The LMC may also borrow books for McGee teachers in-class use from the Connecticut State Library Service Centers. Contact the library staff for more information.
- Berlin-Peck also has a collection of recorded books available in the public library and on-line for free downloading.
- iCONN.org also has a collection of audiobooks that can be borrowed for up to two weeks. You will need your public library card barcode number to set up an account and use free software on a computer in order to upload the files to your listening device or computer.
- Additional sources of audiobooks are available to students with documented print disabilities through Bookshare and the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Disabled. Please contact Mrs. Stachon, ext. 281, to sign up for these services.
Audio Visual Equipment
To borrow equipment to use in classrooms or other McGee areas, contact the AV Co-Coordinators:
Period H Independent Student Use of the Computer Lab - Students individually sign up during Morning Meeting in the Computer Lab. At other times this sign up sheet is in the LMC.
Period H Independent Student Use of the Computers in the LMC - Students individually sign up in the LMC anytime before the end of the period prior to H.
On-line Reservations for Faculty and Staff reserves computers for group or class use.
If you have not reserved computers in the LMC or computer lab for your students or group but find a need for computers during your classes or event, please call Ms. Averill at ext. 258 or Mr. Smith at ext. 218, to make sure that computers, assistance, and supervision are available for your students or event participants before instructing them to go to the computer lab or LMC.
NWEA Proctor Website
On-line Resources with user names and passwords
(You will need your Moodle user name and password to see this list.)
(You will need a user ID and password to use this service for examining data about student performance.)
ProTrax : Professional Development Management System (includes the Teachers' Academy)
Reserving Rooms, Computers, and Assistance
To Reserve the Auditorium, use the Meeting Room Booking System at http://moodle.mcgee.berlinschools.org/mrbs or talk with Mrs. Tom at ext. 503.
To reserve the Library-Media Center for a class or event or to use library-media center equipment within the LMC, talk with Ms. Averill ext. 258 or use the McGee Middle School Meeting Room Booking system. If a substitute teacher, someone who is not a regular member of the McGee staff, or if you have not used the new equipment in the LMC, please reserve the assistance of the library staff during the meeting/set up or make an appointment for prior training for the person who will be using the space and equipment. In addition, if you may need instructional assistance, be sure to request it when making your reservation. To collaboratively plan instruction, make an appointment with Ms. Averill at least one week in advance of the instruction
allows staff to select and incorporate YouTube videos including those rented through Google Play into instruction at McGee. If you do not yet have an account and would like one, please contact Ms. Averill at ext. 258
provides access to PBS videos for educational use.
DVD's and VHS in the McGee Library-Media Center Collection are listed in the McGee online catalog and available for use by teachers and staff for instruction.
Berlin-Peck videos are listed in its online catalog.
If you have not found what you need, please check the Service Directory for more links.
29 August 2012 L. Averill & B. Ventura