The goals of the World Language department are to encourage an appreciation and awareness for the Spanish and French cultures. Students will develop proficiency in the four basic skills—reading, speaking, writing, and listening comprehension. We encourage students to take risks using the target language in a positive and educational environment.
- El Día de los Muertos
- International Day of Peace
- Mardi Gras
- Cinco de mayo
- El Día de los Reyes
- Bastille Day
- Students will use the program Audacity to record their responses to content specific questions in the target language.
- Students will use audio resources to further listening comprehension and will be able to respond appropriately.
- Students will collaborate with peers to further their proficiency in the four basic skills.
- Conversations to develop and practice basic speaking skills using relevant vocabulary
- Interviews and surveys with peers
- A variety of reading and writing activities