starting with the 2017-18 Yearbook, the Yearbook club will produce the book
Yearbook Club Advisor: Mark Wicander
Yearbook Club: See Mr. Wilander we need Freshmen, Sophomore and Juniors as well as Seniors.
Yearbook Deadlines: TBA
Order your yearbook online from Josten's
Add photographs to the yearbook - ReplayIt - create your own password and username.
Senior Yearbook WriteUp Information and Guidelines
Senior Portrait Info:
Our school photographer will again be Photography by Roman. Only portraits taken by Photography by Roman will be allowed in the Senior section of the yearbook. There will be four sessions for you to sign up to have your Senior Yearbook portrait taken. Several summer sessions will be available at Berlin High School, by reservation. You must sign up for these sessions in advance on the Photography by Roman website, www.photgraphybyroman.net.
The Yearbook session is free of charge. This session is a one pose Yearbook Portrait only. If you would like to purchase a portrait package using this photo you will be able to go to Photography by Roman’s website and order the package of your choice. If you would like a Basic Senior session you can also do that on the website. There is a sitting fee for the Basic Senior Session. Portraits not meeting the spirit of the yearbook will not be included. This is not negotiable.
The creation of the yearbook cannot be completed without the help of you or the senior class! The yearbook staff is looking for the following information: pictures (baby, elementary school, middle school, summer, sports and job pictures), senior write ups, and graduation ads.
Please submit pictures to the yearbook staff through one of the three methods listed below. If you would not like pictures on your senior’s Facebook page to be submitted to the yearbook for publication, please contact Mr. Wicander by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All pictures from the categories below must be submitted by October 1 or TBA.
Anything submitted after this date will NOT be accepted. Be sure to clearly label the year the picture is from:
- Baby pictures (up to age 18 months)
- Elementary School pictures
- Middle School pictures
- Summer pictures
- Pictures of you/friends at their job
You can submit in three different ways**:
1) Upload them to the Yearbook Group on Facebook*
2) Upload them directly to our yearbook website*:
Click on the Replay It link on the school website and set up an account to upload the pictures yourself.
*Please be sure to identify all people in the pictures as well as the approximate year the picture was taken.
3) Bring them to Room 1902 so we can scan them for you. Be sure to put your name on the back so they can be returned to you.
*when you upload a picture you are giving the yearbook staff permission to publish the picture in the yearbook
**all pictures submitted are not guaranteed to be chosen.
We will make every effort to return these prized photos to you.
Senior Write ups:
1) Your write up must be submitted via email. Please send your write up to email@example.com
2) Write ups are due in October TBA. Write ups will not be accepted any other way or after this time. Choose your write up wisely. Changes can not be made once it is approved. Be sure to use proper punctuation, include authors for any quotes that you choose, and use spell check. The way that you submit it is the way that it will be printed.
3) The subject line of your email must include your first and last name as well as your ID number.
4) Your write up may not exceed 450 characters (this includes spaces and punctuation). You should check this number yourself in Microsoft Word before you submit your write up. Anything over the 450 character limit will NOT be printed.
5) You MAY NOT include any abbreviations of any type, with the only exception of BHS.
6) Write ups must contain appropriate language as well as appropriate subject matter. Any write up submitted that is inappropriate will be referred to administration. Your write up will not be accepted.
7) If you do not wish to submit a write up, the space next to your picture in the yearbook will be left blank.
*Any write up that does not fit the above guidelines may be altered by the yearbook staff.
Mr. Wicander will send a reply email to let you know that your write up has been received and another that it has been approved. Please allow at least two weeks to receive the approval email and be sure that you check your email to receive confirmation that it has been approved.
Write up suggestions:
A) Fill in the blanks of this form:
Dreams of: ___________________________________________
Hope to: _____________________________________________
(the words nickname, dreams of, and hope to need to be included in your 475 characters)
Nickname: Jenny, Giggles
Dreams of graduating from college with honors, becoming a math teacher, marrying Mr. Wonderful, and never losing touch with her awesome friends. Hopes to always have a smile on her face.
B) A famous quote /song lyrics and a shout out to your friends and family.
Examples of a properly written quote:
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
“Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.” – Author unknown
C) Your choice.
In an effort to make the process of ordering a Grad Ad easier and less expensive, Jostens, our Yearbook Publisher, has added a Grad Ad service to their website. Grad Ads can now be ordered in the same way you order your yearbook. Jostens will continue to offer all the services that were offered by the previous Grad Ad company. The deadline for ordering a Grad Ad is around November 1.
Ordering a Yearbook
The easiest way to order a Yearbook is on the Berlin High School Website - Click on the Order a Yearbook Link and you will be taken to the Jostens ordering page.
Again this year Yearbook pricing will be graduated from $65 in the early fall to $80 in the spring of 2016, so it makes a lot of “cents” to order your book early. For those who prefer to pay by check or cash please contact Mr. Wicander and he will get you the information. If you pay by check please make it payable to Berlin High School Yearbook
Questions? Email Mr. Wicander at firstname.lastname@example.org or call his voicemail at 860.828.6577 ext. 1907. He will do his best to answer your questions within 24 hours.
Stay up to date on yearbook information by checking out the school website and listening to announcements during the second period of the day.